KOB-TV - SUMMER CASH GIVEAWAY
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. In order to enter, you must log on to the www.kob.com website, and then go to the "Summer Cash Giveaway Contest" page. You must complete all of the required information on the entry form, (name, email address, daytime telephone number and any other required fields) and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button from 5:00 a.m. (MT) on Monday, April 16, 2012, through 11:59 a.m. (MT) on Tuesday, May 22, 2012; or send an entry on a 3 x 5 postcard with your name, address, date of birth and daytime telephone number to: Summer Cash Giveaway, KOB-TV, 4 Broadcast Plaza S.W., Albuquerque, New Mexico 87104. All postcard entries must be received by Noon on Tuesday, May 22, 2012.
KOB 4 is not responsible for problems accessing the www.kob.com website, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the website entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from this contest. KOB-TV is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, illegible or mutilated postcard entries. Limit, one (1) entry per person; any person submitting more than one entry may be disqualified; one (1) winner per household.
2. HOW TO /PLAY: This is a “watch and win” contest. Enter pursuant to Paragraph 1 above.
In order to play, you must watch KOB Eyewitness News 4 Today each weekday (Monday-Friday) between 6:00 a.m. and 6:20 a.m. from Monday, April 23, 2012, through Wednesday, May 23, 2012. From all eligible entries received, KOB 4 will randomly draw one (1) entry each weekday and announce that daily winner’s name during KOB Eyewitness News 4 Today between 6:00 a.m. and 6:20 a.m. The person whose name is announced will have until 6:30 a.m. the day his/her name is first announced to call KOB-TV at (505) 222-3232 to claim his/her prize. KOB-TV will not accept collect calls. The person calling in to the station to claim the prize must be the person whose name is announced; substitute callers (e.g. friends, relatives, co-workers, etc.) are not allowed, except in the case of a disability that prevents the person whose name is announced from calling himself or herself, and will result in disqualification at the sole discretion of KOB-TV. If the person whose name is announced between 6:00 a.m. and 6:20 a.m. does not call by 6:30 a.m., there will not be a prize winner for that time period, and another name will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries received and announced between 6:30 a.m. and 6:50 a.m. on Eyewitness News 4 Today that same morning. The person whose name is announced between 6:30 a.m. and 6:50 a.m. will have until 7:00 a.m. the day his/her name is first announced to call KOB-TV at (505) 222-3232 to claim his/her prize. If the person whose name is announced between 6:30 a.m. and 6:50 a.m. does not call by 7:00 a.m., that days prize shall be forfeited and not awarded. However, if the person whose name is announced between 6:00 a.m. and 6:20 a.m. does call the station within the allotted time, another name will not be called that day.
3. PRIZES: Each person whose name is announced and calls in within the allotted time period as set forth in Paragraph 2 above will win $1,000. A qualified winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 5 of these rules. Each winner is responsible for paying any applicable taxes, including, without limitation, income taxes. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities.
Odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received in this contest.
4. CLAIMING A PRIZE: Each winner must claim his/her prize in person at one of the following locations: KOB-TV Studios, 4 Broadcast Plaza S.W., Albuquerque, New Mexico; KOBF-TV Studios, 825 Broadway, Farmington, New Mexico; or KOBR-TV Studios, 124 East Fourth Street, Roswell, New Mexico. Prizes must be claimed during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) within ten (10) days of the day he or she wins to verify that he/she is the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim the prize. Each winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to KOB-TV (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If the winner cannot prove to KOB-TV's satisfaction that he or she is the qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of KOB-TV.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Individuals must be 21 years or older and residents of New Mexico or within the KOB-TV broadcast area to be eligible to win. Limit, one winner per household during the duration of this contest. Employees of KOB-TV, LLC and Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, and their immediate families, or employees of any Albuquerque area radio or television stations are not eligible to enter. Anyone participating in this contest or claiming a prize in this contest in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this contest and from participating in KOB-TV contests for a period of one year. You must personally call in yourself to be eligible to win a prize in this contest and KOB-TV reserves the right to take any actions it feels may be reasonably necessary in order to verify that the person calling in is the correct person. Substitute callers (e.g. friends, relatives, co-workers, etc.) are not allowed, except in the case of a disability that prevents the person whose name is announced from calling himself or herself, and will result in disqualification at the sole discretion of KOB-TV. KOB-TV's decisions in this regard shall be final.
6. RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: Winners must execute an affidavit of eligibility. The winners (a) agree to release KOB-TV, LLC and Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc. (including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the awarding or acceptance of the prize(s), and (b) consents to the use by KOB-TV for promotional purposes of his or her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner's telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By calling in to participate in this contest, each participant acknowledges that he or she is aware, or may be presumed to be aware from the circumstances of the conversation, that his or her telephone conversation may be or likely will be broadcast, whether live (simultaneous with its occurrence) or recorded for later broadcast. By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to the application of these official rules.
7. WINNER LIST: For a list of winners (names only), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope before June 30, 2012, to Winners List, Summer Cash Giveaway, KOB-TV, 4 Broadcast Plaza S.W., Albuquerque, New Mexico 87104.
Decisions of KOB-TV concerning any and all matters with respect to this contest shall be final.
Contest void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. Prizes must be accepted in their entirety. KOB-TV reserves the right to change the prize values at any time. If the sponsors determine in their sole discretion that the integrity or fairness of this contest has been corrupted in any manner, the sponsors reserve the right to terminate the contest and to select a winner from among entries legitimately received prior to termination.
KOB-TV is not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials or these rules. KOB-TV is not responsible for delays attributable to webcasting, telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the contest line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems which may or may not result from this contest.