KOB-TV Merry Money Sweepstakes
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. In order to enter, from 5:00 a.m. (MT) on Monday, December 3, 2012, through Noon (MT) on Thursday, December 20, 2012, go to the www.kob.com website, and then go to the "Merry Money Sweepstakes" page. You must complete all of the required information on the entry form, (name, email address, daytime phone number and any other required fields) and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button. KOB 4 is not responsible for problems accessing the www.kob.com website, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the website entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from this sweepstakes. KOB-TV is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries. Limit, one (1) entry per person; any person submitting more than one entry may be disqualified; one winner per household.
2. HOW THE WINNERS ARE CHOSEN: Enter as explained in Paragraph 1 above. From all eligible entries received, KOB 4 will randomly draw one (1) entry each weekday from Friday, December 14, 2012, through Thursday, December 20, 2012. Each daily winner’s name will be announced during KOB Eyewitness News 4 Today between 6:00 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. the following weekday (e.g., the name drawn on Friday, December 14, 2012, will be announced on Monday, December 17, 2012; the name drawn on Monday, December 17, 2012, will be announced on Tuesday, December 18, 2012, etc.). Each winner will also be notified by email. There will be five (5) winners in this sweepstakes.
3. PRIZES: There will be five (5) winners in this sweepstakes. Each winner will receive $500 in cash and six (6) Holiday Scratchers lottery tickets. A qualified winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 5 of these rules. All income taxes and other taxes are the responsibility of the winner. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing the Prize Release, the winner accepts the prize, and even if the winner does not use the prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes.
Odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received in this sweepstakes.
4. CLAIMING A PRIZE: Each winner must respond by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call to (505) 764-2490 within 24 hours after notification. Failure to respond within such time period or return of email notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and another name will be randomly drawn from the remaining eligible entries. Each winner must claim his/her prize in person at one of the following locations: KOB-TV Studios, 4 Broadcast Plaza S.W., Albuquerque, New Mexico; KOB-TV Studios, 825 Broadway, Farmington, New Mexico; or KOB-TV Studios, 124 East Fourth Street, Roswell, New Mexico. Prizes must be claimed during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) within ten (10) days of the day he or she wins to verify that he/she is the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim the prize. Each winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to KOB-TV (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove to KOB-TV's satisfaction that he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of KOB-TV.
5. ELIGIBILITY: You must be 18 years or older and a resident of New Mexico to be eligible to win. Winners must prove this eligibility by providing valid ID to KOB 4 when claiming prize as set forth in Paragraph 4 of these rules. Limit, one winner per household during the duration of this sweepstakes. Employees of KOB-TV, LLC, Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc. and the New Mexico Lottery Authority, or any of their subsidiaries and immediate families, or employees of any Albuquerque area radio or television stations are not eligible to enter. Anyone participating in this sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this sweepstakes in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this sweepstakes and from participating in KOB-TV sweepstakes for a period of one year. Disqualification is at the sole discretion of KOB-TV. KOB-TV's decisions in this regard shall be final.
6. RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, AND ADDRESS: The winners (a) agree to release KOB-TV, LLC, Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc. and the New Mexico Lottery Authority (including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the awarding or acceptance of the prize(s), and (b) consents to the use by KOB-TV and the New Mexico Lottery Authority for promotional purposes of his or her likeness, and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By entering this sweepstakes, each participant agrees to the application of these official rules.
7. WINNER LIST: For a list of winners (names only), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope before January 31, 2013, to Winners List, Merry Money Sweepstakes, KOB-TV, 4 Broadcast Plaza S.W., Albuquerque, New Mexico 87104.
Decisions of KOB-TV concerning any and all matters with respect to this sweepstakes shall be final.
Sweepstakes void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. Prizes must be accepted in their entirety. KOB-TV reserves the right to change the prize values at any time. If the sponsors determine in their sole discretion that the integrity or fairness of this sweepstakes has been corrupted in any manner, the sponsors reserve the right to terminate the sweepstakes and to select a winner from among entries legitimately received prior to termination.
KOB-TV is not responsible for delays attributable to web casting, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entries, or any other computer problems which may or may not result from this sweepstakes.